Business continuity management systems
ISO 22301specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise.
A BCMS is a comprehensive approach to organizational resilience and helps organizations cope with incidents that affect their business-critical processes and activities.
It provides a structure for organizations to update, control and deploy effective plans, taking into account organizational contingencies and capabilities, as well as business needs.
Benefits of an ISO 22301-compliant business continuity management system
- Protect assets, turnover, and profits: Effective business continuity management (BCM) enables organizations to protect their income stream following an incident or disaster while reducing the risk of further losses.
- Ensure continuity of business operations: A BCMS helps maintain an organization’s service levels to its customers. It also helps business leaders to assess the potential impacts of an operational disruption, make the right decisions quickly, deploy an effective response and minimize the overall impact.
- Increase competitive advantage and enhance corporate reputation: Organisations with an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS can improve customer confidence in the organization’s ability to respond to incidents.
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements: We recommend ISO 22301 compliance as a useful tool for implementing a well-defined incident response and reporting structure, so organizations can demonstrate they are taking steps to comply with regulatory requirements, such as the and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the NIS Directive.
- Obtain an independent assessment of your security posture: Accredited certification involves regular reviews and internal audits that provide an expert opinion as to whether the BCMS is functioning properly and provides the level of security needed to protect the organization’s products and services.