Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP):
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Food Safety Management System is a process control system designed to identify and prevent microbial and other hazards in food production and the entire food chain. HACCP includes steps designed to prevent problems before they occur and to correct deviations in a systematic way as soon as they are detected.
Such preventive control systems with documentation and verification are widely recognized by scientific authorities and international organizations as the most effective approach available for producing safe food.
HACCP enables the producers, processors, distributors, exporters of food products to utilize technical resources efficiently and in a cost-effective manner in assuring food safety.
HACCP offers continuous and systematic approaches to assure food safety. In light of recent food safety-related incidents, there is a renewed interest in HACCP from a regulatory point of view. The industry will do well to adopt HACCP approaches to food safety whether or not it is required.
- Saves your business money in the long run.
- Avoids you poisoning your customers.
- Food safety standards increase.
- Ensures you are compliant with the law.
- Food quality standards increase.
- Organizes your process to produce safe food.
- Organizes your staff promoting teamwork and efficiency.